The Universal Dent Soldier is one of the most versatile and useful tools for dent work currently on the market. Because of its rolling action, the tool's most outstanding feature is its performance as a hand burnisher. It far surpasses that of a regular burnishing iron, providing smooth, even control as the dent is worked out. Why invest in numerous tools when one will do the job of many. This is a must item in any shop that does brass repair.
- Both rollers and the entire shaft are made of rust free 303 stainless steel.
- Each roller is 1 1/4" (31.75mm) in diameter by 4" (102mm) in length and contains 2 precision bearings.
- Highly polished shaft has a diameter of 1/2" (12.7mm) and tapers down to a fully radiused 1/4" (6.35mm) end.
- Overall length is 23" (58cm).
- Comes in a sturdy storage case.
5 WAY DENT TOOL
- Grasp a roller in each hand to use the center shaft for rolling out small sharp dents.
- Grasp the center and tapered end of the shaft to use roller for rolling out gradual dents and creases.
- Grasp a roller in each hand and use the shaft's tapered end to burnish in tight areas such as between trumpet bell pipe and mouth pipe or around bell rim area.
- Clamp the center of shaft in a vise ('V' blocks necessary) and use as a dent roller.
- Clamp roller in a vise ('V' blocks necessary) and use tapered end for rolling out dents inside the bell throat area of trumpet, cornet, and other small bore instruments.