This is the 3/32" (2.4mm) diameter replacement cable for our #2550 FLEX ROD. (For the 1/4" (6.35mm) flex coil see item #2553.)
- 3/32" (2.4mm) diameter x 69" (175cm) length stainless steel cable with attached threaded ferrule and retaining nut
- compression ferrule
- Remove old cable by cutting off either end and sliding cable out of flex coil
- Install the new cable into flex coil by inserting free end (end without threads) into front end of flex coil
- With free end of cable coming out the back end of flex coil, slide the flex rod's retrieval handle onto the cable
- Next slide the compression ferrule (included with new cable) onto the very end of the cable and use a micro press to crimp ferrule. Before crimping, make sure the ferrule is positioned all the way onto the cable with no more than 1/8" (3mm) of the cable sticking out from end of ferrule. If no micro press is available, use a heavy duty pair of pliers with teeth to compress ferrule, and finish off by laying ferrule on a flat surface and with a blunt chisel and mallet make one or two good crimps. Ferrule needs to be securely attached to cable!